Monday, April 16, 2007

The end of Melbourne.....

.... many people I've met have said you either like Melbourne or Sydney, not generally both. Well Im now in Sydney having left Melbourne behind & I've come to the realisation that Im not a big fan of either! Mainly due to them both being huge cities with so much going on & I feel so insignificant in them!

Melbourne is a nice place, if I had to sum it up in 6 words those words would be:

Birmingham by the sea, with trams!

I stayed 1 week in the CBD (Central Business District) then 2-3weeks down in St Kilda by the beach which was pretty nice, especially the 'Home Travellers Motel' run by a lovely couple. Murray recommended it & I had fun there meeting alot of lovely people (couple of photos below)


(Lisa, Una & I before night out in St Kilda)







Cycling along the promenades between Port Melbourne & Brighton (theres a Brighton in each city it seems!) was good exercise. Aside from Murray I've also met a couple of brummies, typically a bluenose & leicester city supporter as well as Hannah on the tour from Melbourne to Sydney who just so happens to come from Aldridge and know Helen & Dave Bateman....small world!


Myself & Alex at the MCG....AFL is a great & confusing sport to watch!




The tourgroup in Tasmania (check out photos on flickr link, Tasie is a beautiful place if the weather was nicer it's be a place I could live in easily!)

The Neighbours tour & night, Grand Prix & catching up with Murray are the best things about my time in Melbourne. I dont know if Id go back there but it was a good experience (as well as an expensive one - backpacking is only cheap if you dont eat/drink, and you sleep outdoors on streets!).

Next entry will provide proof I met Muz/Hannah then cover Melbourne-Canberra(part 1)-Sydney.

STAY TUNED!

1 comment:

Mrs Sheep Lover said...

yet mor girls!!! Did you just happen to meet them in the pub and ask someone if they could take your photo to impress us with your masculine magnetic charm!!!

Does that sound a bit sarcastic? Sorry! mums are allowed to have a joke about their sons "love life?"!!