Wednesday, June 6, 2007

Canberra Latest

Its weird to know I've now been in Canberra for 5.5 weeks, time really flies by!

The last few days I've been reflecting, since I have so much time on my own, and realised a few things.

Firstly that it's around 8 months since Matt was killed, being the other side of the world doesn't make it any easier to cope with. However I remember a few conversations we had last Summer when Matt really encouraged me to travel if I could and now Im here I know it's partly through Matt's words and blessings that I've made it. In Canberra there are reminders still......most notably with Paul Wallis & his network of friends who, although they may not have met matt, have heard alot about him (most notably matt was the 1st member of the jGen house-church in Portsmouth), I also made contact with a couple of Alan's mates up in brisbane who knew Matt fairly well too. One of the 1st things that came into my head when I learned of Matt & Chris's death was "I wander what God's purpose is in this?'. For me I am starting to see a few things come to fruition that I believe come either directly or indirectly from this, the friends I've grown closer to in Sutton and over here, the confidence I gained to embark on my trip and my faith have also strengthened.

On an aside, 2nite I was walking to the bus stop after work and it dawned on me that the road I was walking along was the spitting image of Tamworth Road (section coming from Sutton up the hill after going under the railway bridge), fascinating and weird I know!!

I have another draft-post about an Aussie Hat I purchased, except the main picture I need to show you wont upload, so you'll have to wait for that exciting read a little longer!

More to follow, blog now linked to my Facebook page too.

P.S. Latest activities include a day at the rally of Canberra (FREE.....did some officiating, got to stand trackside to sound a horn when cars came through) and a day at the National Museum....including the 'Miss Australia' exhibition and musical/play performed by some amazing year 12 college students!

3 comments:

D Baynham said...

Yo Chris

Been a while since you blogged, hows things? Hows the new job?

Thing a pretty much the same here mate, not much changes really apart from my sox.

EB

Mrs Sheep Lover said...

Gday! Just to say that I, too am missing your blogs!! Please can you share your recent answer to prayer regarding work. I know i'm not the only one who doesnt communicate with you via Bookface ( or is it Facebook) - well you know I'm a bit dyslexic!!

Also can I put in a request for yo to write a brief comment under the photos in your flickr account (only about 600 to date)

That way the young ladies you refer to in textx, emails and phone calls will have a face to a name. Also the spectacular scenery- am trying to guess where it is. The groups of youngsters- are they from the girls grammar school or one of the 3 church fellowshios you are currently attaending? Hiope this wont take too long!!

It was good to talk to you on Sun Night, EB. Keep up the good work of posting comments on people's blogs!! As I said to you, I feel the LOrd has given you a real "Ministry of Encouragement to Bloggers" After all you DO seem to have more time on the computer than most! Is this a job?!!

Teapot said...

Missed you blogging.
I deleted my entry to Facebook as it was too addictive!!

You'll have to read my blog!!:-)

You take care out there.
We're going to Grasmere for two weeks.

Thinking of you............