Monday, July 23, 2007

Ta-ra ACT.......G'day Queensland!

Hi to my avid fan(s),

This may turn out to be a long blog since I have been sliding away from the blogging world into Facebook and thus haven't posted a blog for quite some time!

Canberra/ACT is a wonderful place, the stereotype is that its dull boring and full of politicians. Not true, there's probably 30-40% private sector workforce, it may not have a great deal of tourist atractions BUT if you're a British backpacker who wants to get away from the Brit/European/America/Asian tourists and experience some aussie living then Canberra is a great place to do that in!

I felt very emotional and sad to leave as Id struggled alot but made many wonderful friends through the 2 churches Id attended; Lifestream Christian Fellowship ('conventional') and JGen house church. The last 2 sunday services at Lifestream Brent, THE coolest aussie guy, called me out the front to talk about my journey through Oz and with God, and my last week to talk about where Im going and to be prayed for. You'll know Im not a public-speaker but amazingly I didnt stutter once and was able to freely talk about how God has strenghtened and taught me through my time in Oz, how blessed I am to have spent time at Lifestream/JGen ....and even mentioned that everyone should join Facebook (yeah I later thought that last part was inappropriate but 2 weeks later Brent joined up!). The church posed for photographs and I got some lovely shots of friends there (there's an album on my facebook and Im gonna try to upload to flickr too)........ the end feeling is that I know I want to go back and visit again at some point in the future, and I'll be welcomed back as I really made an impact there (after I left Tim started a facebook thread 'how cool is chris', it's hard to put into words how happy that made me feel).

Anyway on from Canberra I travelled to Sydney for a 2-day stay (long enough, not a Sydney fan, except for the Swans), then a 2-day oz-experience trip up to brisbane via Surf Camp, at Arrawarra, Byron Bay and Gold Coast...where we went ZORBING (3 guys in boardies inside a big ball with water and rolled down a hill....excellent!!

I've had a busy start to my Brisbane stay, weekend with Tim & Merryn Fawssett plus meal with them at Simon & Mel Fawssett's Friday night, 2 x church visits on Sunday, working pretty much straight away at Scripture Union and moved into an amazing house on Monday.....with 2 brothers who just happen to happen to have a POOL & Jacuzzi in the back yard!!!

Also spent my 1st full day in brisbane catchin up with Lauren, friend from London, and we talked about so much and there was a big outpouring of faith issues/struggles.....it's going to be awesome having someone here that I know! Plus we've arranged a weekend trip to Ayr's Rock in 3 weeks which Im excited about.....of course day 1 will be spent watching the Villa vs Newcastle game and other soccer!

Brisbane is already feeling like home, I can't quite think why but maybe the warm WINTER weather has something to do with it...oh and the nice trains!

Well, a few photos are below.....inclusing a lovely one especially for the Sellers' (thats Merryn's sis Laurely, bf Matt & visiting pastor Keith also in photo - Merryn and baby far left, Tim far right. Sadly Betsi wasn't allowed in the photo this time!)
Keep tabs on my Facebook and Flickr for photos from last few months =D
I Love and miss you all.
T.R.O.



3 comments:

Dianty said...

Hi Chris,
Great to catch up on your news!
Happy Birthday!
Guess I ought to have a look on your Face Book!
Did you enjoy "Amazing Grace?
Take care

D Baynham said...

G'day Chris. Strewth your havin a humdinger of a time there!!!!

Teapot said...

Great to hear about Brizzy!
Love the photos, and it's so cool that you are working with SU!!
Maybe we could start an exchange!

Think of you lots and looking forward to more blogs as I deleted my entry to Facebook. Was too addictive for me!

God bless
Teapot