Monday, April 23, 2007

Sydney Life



So I've had a really fun week in Sydney, despite my reservations about the city upon arrival! I stayed a week with 3 lovely young christian girls (left to right Loren, Jess & Clare) from the UNSW (University of NSW), Clare is the sister of my Aussie Villa-supporter mate in London, a bit random yes!

I feel I've been blessed to be in the company of some cool Aussie christians this week, living with 3 and meeting so many more at the Unichurch, Bible Study (which I felt so comfortable with, like I belonged there and learnt alot about reconciliation and relationship with God) and also got up at 6am Sunday to go with Loren to a kinda of outreach breakfast for the homeless......so great and surreal to be experiencing & be a part of real aussie christian life for a change from the backpacker scene where you only really meet Brits/Europeans and the occasional Yank/Canadian! Also went on a fun 2-hr road-trip with Anna (Aussie mate I met in London last yr) to the main Hillsongs' church in the hills north of Sydney.....awesome they have their own purpose bulit-stadium and great worship, although at the end of the day it shouldnt be put on a pedestal as wherever/whoever you worship with its all for God!!

P.S. I think I should add that although there appear to be rather alot of pictures of me with females (more to follow probably!), thats not the focus of my trip! What I really want to get from it more than anything is to be living and integrating with Australians and the culture/lifestyle so I'll know whether its rght for me to emigrate out here (so far Im 95% sure I want to!)

Next up is a trip to the Blue Mountains (area the size of Belgium!) with my brummie mate Matt, then on to Canberra next week to see Paul & Ruth Wallis (If your a Sellers' you'll know who I mean!).

Miss you all lots, esp the Sutton Bloggers...... pls fly out here ASAP!

T.R.O.

P.P.S. Missing footy, being such a hardcore Villa fan I was awake 25 hrs y'day, went on Ferry to Sydney 11pm to watch Villa game and we ended up getting the 6am Ferry back next day so Id been awake 25 hrs!

3 comments:

Mrs Sheep Lover said...

well at least Villa didnt lose! Altho it didnt win either!! Bet your m8 was over themoon about the blues Victory!!\ And now you can sleep for England.
This is the first time I have "blogged" Dont need to say "Guess Who?!!!

By the way I sent some of your blogs(copied and pasted) to some friends- viz Geoff Hill, George and marian, heidi(altho she probably read it anyway and your uncle david. However I DID EDIT or rather leave out the bit about the Strp V=Club and not paying on the trams. After all we wouldnt want them to think you had gone off the rails!!!

Mrs Sheep Lover said...

Just come back on this site to see if anyone else posted comments and realised I didnt check my posting. OOps!! what a lot of mistakes. Good job I'm no longer a Teacher!! Retired teachers have begun the downward sopiral to senility- so that a good excuse anyway. I think only Mrs Teapot and Mr Time Lord know me out of your blogging friends !! Oh yes and The Big Friendly Giant or was it The green one any way hi Az hows life in Boldmere? I often pass by at sociable times like 9am- but your curtains are always drawn. But there again you may sleep in the back. You also may not get to read this if there is no computer in your flat!!

Twenty Something said...

Hey trouble!
SOunds like you're having a blast... still! thats great! It's the final match of the season a week Sat and I'm taking squarah as she's never been before! Ohhh also there are rumours that Learner may be giving out free scarves to everyone who goes! Come on Villa!! (against Sheffield we should win - should being the opperative word! lol)